Justice Coalition Meetings
Carl ToersBijns (retired), worked in corrections for over 25 yrs. He held positions of a Correctional Officer I, II, III [Captain] Chief of Security Mental Health Treatment Center – Program Director – Associate Warden – Deputy Warden of Administration & Operation in both the New Mexico and Arizona Department of Corrections. He is an experienced prison professional and specializes in consulting and developing strategic plans for sound correctional practices,
mental health treatment, security threat groups, training and staff development. Carl is currently resident in Riverside County, California but calls Mesa, Arizona home.
As an author, Carl has published three books in the Wasted Honor Trilogy that includes Wasted Honor I – Wasted Honor II – Wasted Honor /Gorilla Justice as well as written semi- professional correctional blogs on Corrections.Com and guest writer for Yahoo. These books are insightful references to prison management procedures, practices, politics and cultural diversity issues related to staff-inmate relationships and administrative decision-making. He currently serves as a Vice-President of Law Enforcement Officers Advocacy Council and also serves on the advisory board of David’s Hope Inc.
Carl’s prison philosophy is all about the safety of the public, staff and inmates, “I believe my strongest quality is that I create strategies that are practical, functional and cost effective.”
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Editorials to the Media
Letters to Arizona's Legislators
- Mental Health Reforms ~ Long Overdue Author: Carl ToersBijns
- Open Letter to Chad Campbell Author: Carl ToersBijns
- Proactive Policing vs. Reactive Policing in Corrections Author: Carl ToersBijns
- Violence vs Vigilance – The High Cost of Incarceration Author: Carl ToersBijns
- Genesis of Cruel and Unusual Punishment Author: Carl ToersBijns
- Pelican Bay SHU Author: Carl ToersBijns
- Solitary Confinement Author: Carl ToersBijns
- Solitary Confinement – A Cultural Evolution of Punishment Author: Carl ToersBijns
- Solitary Confinement Exit Strategy Author: Carl ToersBijns
- Inmate Self-Harm Behaviors for Correctional Officers Author: Carl ToersBijns
- A Preventable Death in an Arizona Prison Author: Carl ToersBijns
- Realistic Expectations on Suicide Watch Units Author: Carl ToersBijns